Tuesday, October 10, 2006

How to explain


Fear
Originally uploaded by _crucify_.
How shall I explain what it means to have a Social Phobia/Social Anxiety?
I hurt myself with it.
There is so much I have to do but I can't.
I started to lie because of it.
For example:
I told my sweety that I will go to the employment office.
(And I had an appointment !! That wasn't a lie)
But I wasn't able to do so...
I went out of house, drove to the employment office, but I wasn't able to go in. I turned back, my heart was thumping so hard, I started to sweat.. it wasn't funny anymore.. And I went back home.
So here I am - hating myself about my incompetence to get a life, my incompetence to tell the truth, my incompetence to get over this phobia....

Maybe it's because I don't feel like my sweety understand what it means to have social phobia....

I know exactly, when my honey comes back - I will tell her another lie about the appointment..... maybe she's gonna read this and then she'll know....
Somehow I hope so..
Somehow I don't.

......

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like you and many other's I also suffer from social anxiety/phobia. I know exactly how you feel though the severity of it and certain symptoms may be different, I wish I could say that there is an easy way to get rid of the disorder but there isn't. The best thing to do, if you haven't done so already is to consult your doctor and try to schedule CBT, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. There are medical drugs but I'd recommend staying away from them.

Don't be discouraged, take it day by day and try to improve. Hope things get better, take care.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger cooling said...

thanks jim for your kind words.. is there a way to get in contact with you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home